Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 users can currently root their device with the newest ClockworkMod recovery (CWM) v188.8.131.52 using Odin flash tool. It should be noted that rooting is important to completely customise the look of the phone and be able to extend its capability for installing third-party root apps, custom ROMs and latest system tweaks.
Once the device is rooted, users can gain access to numerous custom ROMs to increase the device battery life by lowering power consumption.
NOTE: warranty on the device will be void shortly after rooting the device. However, users can reclaim the warranty by reinstalling official firmware update. The rooting package and directions provided during this guide are meant for reference purpose solely. IBTimes uk won’t be held liable if device is damaged or bricked throughout root installation. Users are suggested to proceed at their own risk.
File Required To Root & Install ClockworkMod Recovery Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
Steps to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S IV GT-I9500:
- Step-1) Extract the downloaded Root zip file to get a cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file.
- Step-2) Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe together with few other files.
- Step-3) Power off the phone and wait for vibration (about five to six seconds) to verify complete device shutdown.
- Step-4) Now, boot the phone in download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and home (center) button at the same time and then long press the power button until a message prompts the user to tap the volume Up key to continue.
- Step-5) Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator as Admin privileges are needed to finish the root installation.
- Step-6) Now connect the phone to PC with USB cable. A message reading “Added” seems in Odin’s message box at the bottom left of the screen. If the message fails to seem then attempt another USB port (preferably the one at the rear of the computer). If all else fails then simply reinstall the phone’s USB drivers on the PC. once the successful “Added!!” message seems in Odin proceed to the next step. At this point, the ID: COM port with the corresponding number turns Yellow if the device is added with success.
- Step-7) Select the extracted file in Odin using several checkbox to perform flashing:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and select the cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar file from here.
- Step-8) In Odin, ensure only auto reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are chosen (leave all other options at default or unchecked).
- Step-9) Verify everything in Step seven and Step eight are done as mentioned. Then hit the start button in Odin to begin the flashing method.
- Step-10) Once the CWM recovery flashing is complete, the phone will reboot and shortly a PASS message with green background seems in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. now unplug the USB cable to disconnect the phone from PC.
Congratulations! ClockworkMod recovery v184.108.40.206 is currently with success installed on the Galaxy S4 I9500. Now, it’s time to root the device with a few of easy steps given below:
- Step-1) Boot Galaxy S4 in Recovery mode. To do so, Power off the smartphone and then press and hold the volume Up and home (center) buttons along and then long press the power button. The device ought to presently boot-up to the Recovery screen with recovery options.
- Step-2) In Recovery mode, find and choose ROOT YOUR PHONE option. [NOTE: Use Volume keys to browse between options and home button to pick an option in recovery]